Friday, January 4, 2013

Chesapeake Bay Foundation Return Email

Meghan Hoffman (mhoffman@cbf.org) from the Chesapeake Bay Foundation returned my email.  She is very excited about my project and would like to help out anyway they can.  They are having a meeting next week and will let me know when we can visit the Oyster Restoration Center.  She have a few suggestions on how I could conduct my experiment.  It turns out the algae that I bought at the pet store might not be the best.  I might have to contact the University of Maryland's Horn Point Oyster Hatchery.  They might be able to give me a small amount of the right kind of algae that oysters like to eat.   I just looked at the website and they have a lot of great information about oysters.  This is a link to there website http://www.hpl.umces.edu/hatchery/.




No comments:

Post a Comment